Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs: 10 law enforcement officers killed in the Ukrainian conflict

U.S. Department of Internal Affairs: 10 law enforcement officers who died in the Ukrainian conflict

China News February 20, according to the Russian news, the Ukrainian Ministry of Internal Affairs on Wednesday (February 19) said that the number of law enforcement officers who died in the Ukrainian riots reached 10, 9 Death due to a chest gunshot wound.

The Ministry of Internal Affairs had previously stated that 371 staff members of the Ministry of Internal Affairs had been hospitalized for conflict, 349 were hospitalized and 74 law enforcement officers were injured by gunshots.

A large-scale riot broke out in the center of Kiev on Tuesday (February 18). On the same day, the opposition demanded the restoration of the 2004 Constitution and the restoration of the parliamentary presidential system at the Ukrainian Supreme Council. The emotional crowd tried to get close to the Ukrainian parliament building, and the militants broke into the building in the center of Kiev, lit the tires and threw stones at the police and cars. According to police information, the opposition used firearms for the first time.

Responsible Editor: Zhang Xiaofang

Ukrainian Presidential Decree announces February 22nd and 23rd as National Day of Condolence

ChinaNet February 22, according to the Russian new network reported on February 22, Ukrainian President Viktor · Yanukovych ordered the announcement of February 22 and 23 as a national mourning day, mourning death during the riots People. This presidential decree was posted on the official website.

The presidential decree stated: “In view of the deaths caused by Ukrainian mass activities, I ordered that the announcement of February 22 and 23, February 2014, be the national mourning day, mourning the people who died during the riots. . "

A large-scale riot broke out in the center of Kiev on February 18 (Tuesday). On the same day, the opposition demanded the restoration of the 2004 Constitution and the restoration of the parliamentary presidential system at the Ukrainian Verkhovna Rada meeting. The emotional crowd tried to get close to the Ukrainian parliament building, and the militants broke into the building in the center of Kiev, lit the tires, and threw stones and burning bottles at the police and cars. According to police information, militants use shooting weapons. According to data from the Ukrainian Ministry of Health, large-scale street riots have killed 80 people.

Responsible Editor: Zhao Yanlong

Putin and Merkel talk on the latest developments in Ukraine

Russian President Vladimir Putin held a telephone conversation with German Chancellor Merkel on the afternoon of the 23rd to discuss the latest developments in the situation in Ukraine.

The Russian President’s website published a brief message on the same day: “The Russian President and the German Chancellor discussed the latest developments in the situation in Ukraine. Merkel congratulated Putin on the successful hosting of the Sochi Winter Olympics and congratulated the Russian athletes on their achievements. ”

The message said that the call was based on the German proposal.

According to the Russian news agency, German government spokesman Sebate announced in Berlin that Merkel and Putin agreed in the same day that Ukraine should maintain its territorial integrity. Establish a government with capacity as soon as possible. The two sides stressed that both countries hope that Ukraine will achieve political and economic stability.

Sebate said that Merkel and Putin agreed to continue to maintain close communication on the Ukrainian situation in the future.

Since the situation in Ukraine has deteriorated again, Russia and Germany have communicated frequently. On the 18th, the most serious violent clashes occurred in Kiev, the capital of Ukraine, in the past three months. On the 19th, Putin and Merkel telephoned and expressed their most serious concern about the sudden escalation of the domestic confrontation. The two sides advocated urgent measures to stabilize the situation in Ukraine.

On the 21st, Ukrainian President Yanukovych signed an agreement with the opposition leaders to end the violent conflict in the past few days. On the 22nd, the situation in Ukraine changed suddenly, the opposition announced the control of the situation, and Yanukovych was forced to leave Kiev. Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov telephoned German Foreign Minister Steinmeier on the 22nd and expressed serious concern over the U.S. opposition’s failure to implement the agreement signed on the 21st. He asked the German side to exert influence on the Ukrainian opposition to allow it to immediately implement the agreement. On the 23rd, the Ukrainian parliament passed a decision to be held by the Speaker of the Parliament, Turchinov, before the new presidential election and sworn in. (Reporter Hu Xiaoguang)

Responsible Editor: Zhang Yang

The investigation said that Australia has no intention of entering Indonesia’s territorial waters.

Chinanews.com, February 20th The Australian authorities announced on the 19th that the country’s naval investigation of Indonesia’s territorial waters has cleared the suspected violations caused by government policies. The relationship between Australia and Indonesia has been seriously deteriorated.

Australia apologized to the country last month for its naval invasion of Indonesian territorial waters. Australia has a policy of preventing vessels carrying asylum seekers from entering their territorial waters.

The above investigation was conducted jointly by the Australian Ministry of Defence and the General Administration of Customs. The investigation found that six violations of Indonesia’s territorial waters did not correspond to the Australian government’s policy and operational guidance.

 Infringement (Indonesian territorial waters) was not intentional. The investigation found that the strategic guidance did not show that it was acceptable to violate Indonesian sovereignty,” the report said.

The investigation revealed that the violation of Indonesia’s territorial waters was caused by a miscalculation of the country’s waters boundaries, which was not caused by intentional or navigational errors, and thus seemed to indicate that responsibility could not be attributed to the Australian Government.

It is unclear whether such findings will restore relations between the two countries. According to recent reports, Australia has monitored Indonesian President Susilo and other senior officials in the country, which has led to a decline in relations between the two countries since the 1990s.

Responsible Editor: Zhu Wentan

The rape case in Freiburg, Germany, triggered a right-wing and anti-right-wing parade

Xinhua News Agency, Berlin, October 30 (Reporter Tian Ying) A rape of a female student in Freiburg, a city in southwestern Germany, triggered a discussion on immigration and crime in Germany. A local anti-immigration parade broke out on the 29th and a tit-for-tat Anti-right-wing parade.

According to German media reports, an 18-year-old German girl was gang-raped in Freiburg on the 14th of this month. Eight suspects were between the ages of 19 and 29, including seven Syrians. Refugees and a German citizen.

On the evening of the 29th, more than 500 people participated in the anti-immigration demonstration initiated by the German-wing party of the right-wing populist party. At the same time, about 1,500 people who opposed the right and the exclusion were taken to the streets to protest against the choice of the party to use criminal cases to incite anti-immigrant sentiment.

Ambassador Cui Tiankai on the Obama meeting with the Dalai Lama

Xinhuanet Washington, February 21st Chinese Ambassador to the United States Cui Tiankai made a solemn representation to the US government on the 21st in Washington on US President Barack Obama.

Cui Tiankai said that Tibet is a sacred and inseparable part of Chinese territory. Tibet affairs are purely China’s internal affairs and the United States has no right to interfere. On the one hand, the US side acknowledged that Tibet is part of China and does not support Tibet’s independence. On the one hand, it also arranged for the leaders to meet with the Dalai Lama’s general leader of the separatist group. This practice seriously interfered in China’s internal affairs and seriously violated it. The United States does not support the commitment of “Tibet independence”, which seriously violates the basic norms of international relations and seriously damages Sino-US relations. The Chinese side expresses its strong indignation and resolute opposition.

Cui Tiankai emphasized that respecting each other’s core interests and major concerns is the key to ensuring the healthy and stable development of Sino-US relations. We strongly urge the US to take China’s position seriously and immediately take effective measures to eliminate the bad influence. We abide by the promise of recognizing Tibet as part of China, oppose Tibet’s independence, respect China’s core interests, stop using Tibet-related issues to interfere in China’s internal affairs, and stop conniving. And support the anti-China separatist activities of the Dalai clique.

Cui Tiankai also said to the Chinese media that the Dalai Lama is exactly who the United States is. The United States has repeatedly claimed that the Dalai Lama is a religious figure. The meeting with the Dalai Lama is for the purpose of human rights and culture. It is completely deceiving and deceiving. Any attempt to use the Dalai Lama’s “card” to use the Tibetan-related issues to interfere with the destruction and stability of China’s Tibet will not succeed. The will of the Chinese government and people to safeguard national sovereignty and unity cannot be shaken, and the historical pace of the Chinese nation towards a great rejuvenation cannot be stopped. The fact that the US moves against the trend is to create trouble for itself and ultimately only harm its own interests. “The bell is still needed to ring the bell. The US must immediately take effective measures to correct its mistakes and win the trust of the Chinese government and the Chinese people through practical actions.

Responsible Editor: Zhao Yanlong

Obama said that he learned art history and was apologized by protesting to write a note (Figure)

Obama calls for art history, work is protested by writing a paper apologize (Figure)

The picture shows Obama’s handwritten “Apologize” to the letter

According to media reports, after an art history professor expressed anger at US President Barack Obama’s comments last month, Obama apologized for his handwritten note.

Obama said in a speech on economic issues at a factory in Wisconsin last month that people who want to master manufacturing technology or other industry technologies will make more money than an art history degree.

But Obama immediately added to the laughter audience, “It’s certainly not wrong to take an art history degree. I like art history. I don’t want to get a bunch of protest emails. ”

But Ann Collins Johns, a professor of art history at the University of Texas at Austin, felt insulted and registered on the White House website to protest.

A few days later, she received a response from the President himself. “I apologize for my extraordinary remarks. I was talking about the job market at the time, not the value of art history. ”

Obama also said, “Occasionally, art history is a favorite course in my high school. & rdquo; The White House scanned the president’s handwritten note and emailed it to Johns. The original was sent by normal mail.

Obama’s note was published on the art blog hyperallergic.com. The report said that the White House did not dispute the authenticity of the note, but did not make more comments.

Johns said she was amazed by the president’s response she appreciated and said she should not waste his time.

Responsible Editor: Zhang Xiaofang

Swiss Air Force did not escort the hijacked aircraft after the effect: adjust the working hours

Swiss Air Force is not escorted by the hijacked aircraft: Adjusting the working hours

China News Service, Berlin, February 20th (Reporter Huang Shuanghong) Berne News: “Under work” and failed to escort a hijacked passenger plane, which made the country’s Ministry of Defense embarrassed. The Swiss Defense Ministry said on the 20th in the Berne parliament that the future Air Force fighters will be ready at any time outside the “working hours”.

On the 17th of this month, an Ethiopian passenger plane carrying more than 200 passengers was hijacked by the co-pilot during the voyage to Rome, Italy. The co-pilot took the opportunity to go to the toilet and locked himself in the cockpit and changed the destination of Rome to Switzerland. The hijackers claimed to want to apply for political asylum in Switzerland.

After the hijacked aircraft entered Italian airspace, the Italian Air Force dispatched two fighters to escort. The aircraft was also escorted by the French Air Force during its flight over French airspace. The passenger plane entered Swiss airspace in the early hours of the day. Since the working hours of the Swiss Army were 8 am, and no one was on duty at the time, the French Air Force had been escorting the aircraft to the Geneva airport, allowing the aircraft to land safely at 6 o’clock in the morning.

The Swiss Ministry of Defence later argued that even if the Air Force driver is on duty at night, it is impossible to quickly use the aircraft to take off. Switzerland and France have signed cooperation agreements for similar matters, and the bilateral warning system between the country and the EU countries is also very smooth. Italy notified Switzerland about the hijacking at 4:30 in the morning.

In an explanation to the parliament, the Ministry of National Defense stated that the Swiss Army will change its working hours and prepare for the future. To this end, hundreds of new pilots must be recruited and an additional expenditure of 30 million Swiss francs will be incurred. This plan is also expected to be realized as early as 2018.

Responsible Editor: Zhang Xiaofang

Mozambique caused tens of thousands of people infected with cholera during the rainy season, at least 5 people died

According to local media reports on the 19th, the rainy season has caused nearly 13,000 people in Mozambique to be infected with cholera, killing at least five people. More than 10,000 households have been affected to varying degrees due to heavy rains.

The Mozambican news agency quoted the spokesperson of the fourth executive meeting of the government ministerial meeting, the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation, Enrique · Banze’s words that the cholera epidemic was concentrated in the central and northern provinces where the rains were severe More serious, such as Nampula, Zambézia, Tete and Niassa. At present, the government has provided drugs and therapeutic devices to the disaster areas, and at the same time carried out preventive work in the local area.

This rainy season began in October last year and has caused varying degrees of damage to Mozambique’s economic and social infrastructure. According to the report, due to the large amount of rainfall in some areas, more than 1,000 houses have been completely destroyed, nearly 6,000 houses have been destroyed, 262 classrooms and 7 health centers have been damaged, and many road traffic in the central area has been affected by rainfall. (Reporter Yu Shuai Shuai)

Responsible Editor: Zhang Xiaofang

Dozens of people killed and injured in a car bomb explosion in the Syrian border town

A car bomb exploded on the 23rd in the northern border town of Atama, controlled by the Syrian opposition, killing at least 12 people and injuring about 60 others.

According to the Araba TV station in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, the incident occurred in the town of Atama, Idlib province near the Turkish border in northern Syria. In the morning, a car with explosives exploded near a hospital run by the opposition, killing at least 12 people and injuring about 60 others. It is unclear who created the bombing attack.

At the time of the explosion, some medical staff were preparing to enter the hospital. Most of the main building of the hospital, affiliated clinics and surrounding vehicles were damaged to varying degrees. Most of the injured and wounded were medical staff and patients, and some of the injured were children. The injured have been sent to other hospitals nearby for treatment.

According to Turkish media reports, ambulances sent by Turkey crossed some of the wounded and pulled some of the wounded to the hospital on the side of the earth. (Reporter Chen Cong Liu Yang)

Responsible Editor: Zhang Yang